Blazing Potato SaladFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 3 pounds new potatoes shopping list
- 6 hard boiled eggs shopping list
- 1 medium red onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 medium green bell pepper seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 2 medium celery ribs finely chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons celery seed shopping list
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough salted water to cover potatoes by 1 inch.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour out most of the water.
- Run cold water over the potatoes for about 2 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle peel potatoes and cut into cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Chop 4 hard cooked eggs and add to the potatoes along with the red onion, green pepper and celery.
- Sprinkle with the celery seed.
- Gradually stir in the mayonnaise, mustard and relish being careful not to mash the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper then transfer to a large bowl.
- Slice the two remaining eggs and arrange slices on top of the salad and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately or cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!