Blue Cheese FondueFrom sparow64 6 years ago
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 pound Cambozola blue cheese, crumbled, or other blue cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a small pan over medium-low heat, cook the butter, thyme, and garlic until the garlic is soft, about 2 minutes.
- Be careful not to let the garlic brown.
- Add the cream, raise the heat to medium, and bring the cream to a simmer.
- Cook until the cream is reduced by 1/3.
- Lower the heat to maintain a slow simmer.
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the pepper and pour into a fondue pot set over low heat.
- *** You can make this sauce a couple of hours in advance but reheat it very slowly to prevent separation. A number of cheeses can be substituted for the Cambozola; try Brie, Gorgonzola, or aged English Cheddar.
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating3 people
Party Food316 members
Anything Goes286 members
Appetizers And Dips267 members
My BEST Appetizer I Takemake For Parties111 members
Hosting A Partywhat To Serve20 members
Party Foods24 members
101 A Cheese Place143 members
Companys Coming115 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members