Apricot Prune Filled Czechoslovakian Filled Sweet BunsFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 package active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel shopping list
- 6 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup light cream shopping list
- Apricot prune Filling: shopping list
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pitted prunes shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl dissolve the dry yeast in 1/4 cup lukewarm tap water then set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together until mixture is fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir in salt and grated lemon peel then add yeast and mix well.
- Add 2 cups of the flour and mix well again.
- Add cream and remaining flour alternately in small portions mixing well after each addition to make a soft dough that pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead until dough is smooth and elastic and no longer sticky.
- Grease a large bowl then form dough into a ball then put in bowl and turn dough over once.
- Cover with a damp kitchen towel and put in a warm place and allow dough to rise until doubled in bulk.
- Prepare filling.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets and set aside.
- Punch down dough and form into a ball then transfer to a floured surface.
- Knead lightly then divide dough in half then roll out each half separately to a thickness of 1/4".
- Cut the dough into 3" squares.
- Place 1 rounded teaspoon of filling in the center of each dough square toward the center of the square and pinch the four corner points together in the center over the filling.
- Place on greased baking sheets about 1" apart and let rise in a warm place until doubled.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat remaining egg well and brush tops of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Sift confectioners' sugar over the tops of the pastry while they are still warm.
- To make filling put chopped dried apricots and chopped pitted prunes into a saucepan with enough cold water to cover then bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain of all liquid in the pan and add sugar, butter, orange peel and cinnamon to the fruit in the pan.
- Cook over low heat stirring constantly for 10 minutes then remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
Chefmeow, GF, I know how I missed this recipe since it was posted 10 months ago, and I've been a member since then. Sure am glad it popped up at the side bar when I was looking at another recipe. If I could give you 100 for this one I certainly wou...morehenrie in Savannah loved it
This looks fantastic, I must give these a try...very soon! Thanks.juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!