Creamy Artichoke and Chicken Bake with ShrimpFrom sparow64 7 years ago
- BECHAMEL SAUCE shopping list
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup half and half, heavy cream, or milk shopping list
- 1 pinch salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
- *** NOTE ***Béchamel sauce is easy to make and great to use in other sauces while cooking. When making it, remember to use equal amounts of butter and flour. It is the amount of liquid that is added that will determine the thickness of the sauce shopping list
- you could sub with a can of "cream of chicken, celery, or mushroom" if you prefer. shopping list
- CREAMY artichokE AND chicken BAKE WITH shrimp shopping list
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, diced shopping list
- 1/2 pound baby shrimp, cooked and cleaned shopping list
- 8 artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half shopping list
- 10 mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon salted butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup Béchamel Sauce (posted seperately) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sherry * optional (I have never added this, never have it) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 1 pinch of salt and white pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- BECHAMEL SAUCE
- In a small saucepan, over low-moderate heat, add butter and flour, and stir until mixture is a smooth paste.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Next add milk very slowly, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Cook until sauce lightly thickens.
- Add more liquid if too thick. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- CREAMY ARTICHOKE AND CHICKEN BAKE WITH SHRIMP
- Arrange artichoke hearts in bottom of small, shallow, buttered casserole dish.
- Add shrimp and chicken.
- Sauté mushrooms in butter and add to Béchamel sauce.
- Add Worcestershire, sherry, salt, and white pepper to white sauce. Stir gently and pour over casserole.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for about 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Top should be brown.
- Serve with your favorite rice.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooksparow64 Sweetwater, TN
The Rating6 people
Thank-you for this 'smooth and silky'
recipe....! I will try it out very soon...!
....mjcmcook...mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Yum. This sounds fantastic. You have my 5 without a doubt. Great post.chefmeow in Garland loved it
This is what i call a Casserole!!!!Lovely recipe.pudgy47 in Las Vegas loved it