Carrot CurryFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne shopping list
- 1 pound carrots peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1 medium banana peeled and sliced shopping list
- 1/4 cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- Chopped parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter in a large nonreactive pan over medium heat.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, turmeric, cardamom, curry powder, cloves and cayenne and saute until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Add carrots and saute until lightly colored.
- Stir in the banana and raisins.
- Add water, salt and pepper then bring to a boil and cover.
- Reduce heat to low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and increase the heat to medium and cook shaking frequently until most of the liquid is evaporated and the carrots and raisins are glazed.
- Garnish with parsley.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
This is going on the dinner table tonight! Great idea thanks for sharing. I'm guessing that little dab of pineapple I have hanging around in the fridge would make good company with this list of ingredients. I may free lance a bit.otterpond in Windermere loved it
Carrot Curry is fabulous. I didn't quite have the seeds so I made a slightly different curry based on this recipe. 5 on your Carrot Curry!
http://www.grouprecipes.com/84700/gadjar-raita-kari---carrot-pineapple-curry.htmlotterpond in Windermere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!