Chicken in Panang Curry Ginger SauceFrom minitindel 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts (boneless, skinless) shopping list
- 1-13.5oz can coconut milk, or Lite coconut milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice shopping list
- 1 red onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce, or salt to taste shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Panang Curry Paste* shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peeled & thinly sliced ginger shopping list
- *or try with our Green or red curry pastes shopping list
How to make it
- If serving with rice, start rice to cook while preparing rest
- of meal.
- Slice chicken into thin strips, cutting against the grain so it will remain tender. Set aside.
- In a small bowl , mix together the lime juice, fish sauce and brown sugar. Set aside.
- In skillet over medium high heat, add Curry Paste with 1/2 can of the coconut milk. Stir frequently, until Curry Paste is dissolved and mixture is bubbling.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk, onions and bell pepper. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice mixture and sliced chicken. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cilantro and ginger. Stir and cook 1 to 2 minutes more or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve over rice
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookminitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
The Rating7 people
AHH! I know a spicy chiquita banana when I see one! We love this sort of dish. A winner! Thanks for posting it.
- Colleen, Naperville, IL.c2max in Naperville loved it
This sounds intresting to me and I know it has to be fantastic with coconut milk!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I think the fish sauce will add a deeper taste dimension. I look forward to trying.jencathen in loved it