Pasta With Chickpeas Rosemary Chili And GarlicFrom jencathen 7 years ago
- 1 lb (500g) dried pasta (rigatoni or penne works well) shopping list
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (add more if you like really spicey) shopping list
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 tbsp finally chopped fresh Italian parsley aka flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1- 14 oz (400g) can chickpeas aka garbanza beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- additional extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a skillet. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and rosemary and cook over medium high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas and cook until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta with parsley to the hot sauce and toss well to coat, adding 2 tbsp additional olive oil, salt, pepper, and water as needed.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating4 people
Excellent! 5 forkslinspj in New Hartford loved it
This was our Saturday meal while growing up in our big Italian family. A lot of love went onto this recipe and you deserve a High Five
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Sounds very good!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it