Pasta With Chickpeas Rosemary Chili And GarlicFrom jencathen 8 years ago
- 1 lb (500g) dried pasta (rigatoni or penne works well) shopping list
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (add more if you like really spicey) shopping list
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- 2 tbsp finally chopped fresh Italian parsley aka flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 1- 14 oz (400g) can chickpeas aka garbanza beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- additional extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in a skillet. Add garlic, red pepper flakes and rosemary and cook over medium high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chickpeas and cook until hot, about 3 minutes.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Add pasta with parsley to the hot sauce and toss well to coat, adding 2 tbsp additional olive oil, salt, pepper, and water as needed.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating4 people
Sounds very good!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This was our Saturday meal while growing up in our big Italian family. A lot of love went onto this recipe and you deserve a High Five
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Excellent! 5 forkslinspj in New Hartford loved it