Russian ZapekankaFrom olga 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 c farmers cheese shopping list
- 2 eggs separated shopping list
- 5 Tbs cream of wheat (not instant) shopping list
- About 1/2 c sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda, neutralized with a dash vinegar shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 Tbs melted butter (optional) shopping list
- A couple handfuls of raisins and toasted walnuts shopping list
- About 1 cup strawberries (this is optional) shopping list
- sour cream (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 350˚. Butter a baking dish.
- Combine cheese and egg yolks.
- Mix in cream of wheat.
- Mix in sugar.
- Mix in the neutralized baking soda, salt, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Beat whites and fold in.
- Fold in raisins and walnuts.
- Chop up most of the strawberries and mix in.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Spread a layer of sour cream on top, and decorate with sliced strawberries.
- Bake until nice and golden, 40-60 min.
The Cookolga Hillsboro, OR
The Rating8 people
This really looks great! Love to learn about food culturesliezel in Bloemfontein loved it
This does look great,good post.Have a great day.:)zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
I love new recipes like that, olga! I crave to taste your delicious recipe from Russia! Thanks for sharing this mouth-watering recipe!pariscipes in Paris&Lyon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!