Black Bean Chili With CilantroFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup dry sherry shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 4 cups cooked black beans shopping list
- 2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 4 teaspoons chili powder or to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste shopping list
- Grated onion shopping list
- Grated pepper jack cheese shopping list
- yogurt for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large heavy pot heat sherry and oil over medium heat and sauteé onions until soft.
- Add celery, carrot and bell pepper then sauté 5 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients except garnishes and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 1 hour covered.
- Chili should be thick with all water absorbed.
- Garnish with grated onion, cheese and a dollop of yogurt.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
It sure sounds incredible! Yummy!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I am trying to add a few vegetarian meals to my weekly menu... I have had some resistence from the boys but they are starting to come around...I think they will like this.
I think it sounds delicious.debwin in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!