Chili Bean And Sparerib SoupFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1 pound dried red beans rinsed and drained shopping list
- 7 cups water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 pounds country style spareribs shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped shopping list
- 2 medium onions sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chili powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 8 ounces tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Place beans in a large bowl then add 4 cups of the water and let stand overnight.
- In a large deep pot heat oil over medium heat then brown spareribs well in oil on all sides.
- Add green pepper, onions and garlic then brown lightly.
- Add remaining 3 cups water then bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 2 hours.
- Remove spareribs from pan then slice meat from bones and return to cooking liquid in chunks.
- Discard bones and fat.
- Add soaked beans and their liquid, salt, chili powder and cumin then bring to boil over high heat.
- Cover then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 hours then mix in tomato sauce.
- Cook beans an additional hour then serve sprinkled with cheese.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating6 people
this sounds good.lovemybirds in Dayton loved it
Yummy, I'm loving it already!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I make soup from beef bones and chicken/turkey carcasses all the time, and even pork hocks, but I never thought about using country style ribs! What a great idea -- and I have two packages in my freezer right now! Great post! Got my 5!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!