Swiss Brown Potato SoupFrom freshfoodie 6 years ago
- 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 600 g (20 oz) vegetables, finely chopped (Brussels sprouts, carrots, celery, leeks, etc) shopping list
- 400 g (14 oz) potatoes, peeled and grated shopping list
- 1.5 L (6 cups) Cold water with bouillon cubes to make stock shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 pinch ground cloves shopping list
- salt, Lovage, pepper, paprika, nutmeg, marjoram, all to taste shopping list
- gruyere cheese, finely grated (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Brown flour over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring continuously. (Or buy pre-browned flour.)
- Heat oil in large soup pot.
- Sauté onion, stir in vegetables, then potato.
- Cool slightly, sprinkle with browned flour, and add cold bouillon.
- Add bay leaves and other seasonings.
- Simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Optionally serve with Gruyere cheese so diners can top their own soup.
The Cookfreshfoodie Ottawa, CA
The Rating6 people
Fantastic post. Love everything about it. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
The one time I put brussel sprouts in soup was when I had leftover brussel sprouts and carrots one Thanksgiving. So I made soup out of them and that was the most wonderful flavoured soup! I will definitely try this! Thx!auntybea in Vernon loved it
big fan of the browned flour and brussel sprouts! sounds lovely, thankstheiris in Garden City loved it