Cowboy Supper PancakesFrom mjcmcook 6 years ago
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup Bisquick shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 8 ounce can corn, drained shopping list
- 41/2 ounce can chopped black olives, drained shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
How to make it
- In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cornmeal and whisk quickly
- to mix. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine milk, egg and oil in large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together in another bowl and then add to 'milk' mixture.
- To this add the cornmeal, olives and can corn.
- Fry batter in 'pancake' size' on hot greased griddle until golden on both sides.
- Serve with hot chili beans, or plain chili, on top , sour cream and sliced avocados.
- YUM! YUM!
The Cookmjcmcook Beach City, CA
The Rating4 people
Hey, what a great idea! Definitely going to try it soon.
Finally tried this the other day. Delicious! Especially with chili and grated cheddar on top. I'll be making this one again (& again). Thanks for the post!
Oh, I forgot that I had a question. How much oil? It's not listed in the ingredients, but then you mix it with the egg & milk in the instructions. I used 2T of veg oil, as per the directions on the Bisquick box. They came out great, as I said. But I ...more
Kid Friendly Recipes207 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Family Favourites134 members
On The Book Shelf77 members
YOUNG AT HEART49 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Little Rascals Favorites52 members
Southern Goodness59 members
Family Night34 members