broiled salmon steaks with Vidalia onion and Kalamata sauceFrom mellybelly 6 years ago
- 4 salmon steaks shopping list
- 2 small or 1 large vidalia onion, choppped shopping list
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata onions shopping list
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling shopping list
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh or 1 tbsp dried each; sage and thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat olive oil in saute pan, then saute onions over medium low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. add herbs, olives and rice wine vinegar and 1 minute to combine. Pour mixture into roasting pan and top with salmon steaks.
- Drizzle steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Broil steaks 4 inches from heat, flipping over half way through until browned on both sides and just cooked through. Should be about 10 minutes total cooking time per an inch.
- Serve with the onion and olive sauce spooned over top.