Southern Style Black-eyed Peas And Rice Hopping JohnFrom jencathen 6 years ago
- 2 cups cooked black-eyed peas (use can or fresh cooked dried black eyed peas) shopping list
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach (10 oz pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained, can be substitued) shopping list
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1" pieces shopping list
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce (any brand will do, I use Tabasco) shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Have cooked black-eyed peas and rice ready.
- In 2 qt. saucepan melt butter. Stir in spinach and bacon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until spinach is tender (4 to 6 minutes).
- Stir in black-eyed peas, rice and remaining ingredients except Cheddar cheese.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (7 to 10 minutes).
- Just before serving, stir in Cheddar cheese.
- Serve with hot corn bread!
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating2 people
This sounds fantastic. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Comfort Foods769 members
Good Down Home Southern Food195 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Casserole Comfort130 members
Mississippi Girls33 members
Rice This Way Folks124 members
Anything Cheese31 members
World Of Warcraft In The Kitchen6 members
Sugar Busters Diet23 members