Pumpkins Kadu Bouranee with Yogurt SauceFrom jencathen 6 years ago
- 1.5 - 2 pounds fresh pumpkin or squash shopping list
- 1/4 cup corn oil shopping list
- Sweet Tomato Sauce: shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 4oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger root, chopped fine shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground coriander seeds shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoons black pepper shopping list
- yogurt Sauce: shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed garlic shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Peel the pumpkin and cut into 2-3 inch cubed pieces, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan that has a lid. Fry the pumpkins on both sides for a couple of minutes until lightly browned.
- Mix together ingredients for sweet tomato sauce in a bowl and then add to pumpkin mixture in frying pan. Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes over low heat until the pumkin is cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Mix together the ingredients for the yogurt sauce.
- To Serve: Spread half the yogurt sauce on a plate and lay the pumpkins on top. Top with remaining yogurt and any cooking juices left over.
The Cookjencathen TX
The Rating5 people
Oooh, this looks delish. Somebody just up and gave me a lovely little pumpkin, so I came here to find out what to do with it, and this recipe is seducing my tastebuds! Will make it tomorrow and rate it, but I have a VERY yummy feeling about it. . ....morelagoulue in New York loved it
OK, I made this dish, and it was really exquisite -- best recipe for pumpkin/sweet winter squash I've ever tasted. The ginger, coriander and garlic in sweetened tomato sauce is such a sophisticated combination of flavors, it really brings out a lot ...morelagoulue in New York loved it
Looks Great Jen, have saved it to try. ;-)bismyno1 in loved it