Katsudon Japanese Pork Chop On RiceFrom kidaria 6 years ago
- 2 large centre cut pork chops shopping list
- 1 egg, lightly beaten shopping list
- breadcrumbs or japanese panko shopping list
- 1 tbsp oil shopping list
- 1 cup dashi stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tbsp mirin shopping list
- 2 tsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp sake shopping list
- 1 onion, thinly slice shopping list
- 4 shitake mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 2 cups of Japanese short grain rice, cooked shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly pound pork chops to approx. 1/2 inch in thickness.
- Dip in single beaten egg and then breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in pan, add breaded pork chops and fry approx. 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Turn once. When done, drain on paper towel.
- Wipe away any extra oil in pan.
- Bring stock, soy, mirin, sugar, sake to boil in a small saucepan, set aside.
- In other pan, lay half of the onion slices, shitake and put a pork cutlet on top.
- Pour in ½ the amount of broth from edge of pan.
- Heat to a full boil, swirl in ½ the amount of beaten egg. Don't stir.
- Cover and cook 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Place rice in a serving bowl, pour cutlet mixture over rice, including the cooking sauce.
- Repeat with the other portion.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating5 people
Katsudon is a favorite of my daughter and my FIL! It appeals to an American pallet too. This is a nice simple recipe! I know it's good because I make a similar one all the time!httpmom in San Francisco Bay Area loved it
Sounds delicious!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Onof my favs. I really like this recipe!zoeb in Seattle loved it