Homemade Chocolate Chip Sandwich BreadFrom myszreesey 8 years ago
- 1 envelope (1/4-ounce) dry yeast shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup warm water (about 110 degree F) shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups bleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 large egg, beaten shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the yeast, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Add the flour, salt and chocolate chips. Beat at low speed until all of the flour is incorporated, about 1 minute. Then beat at medium speed until the mixture forms a ball, leaves the sides of the bowl, and climbs up the dough hook. Remove the dough from the bowl. Using your hands, form the dough into a smooth ball. Lightly oil a bowl with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Place the dough in the bowl and turn it to oil all sides. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured work surface. Knead the dough a couple of times and form into a 6 inch loaf. Grease a loaf pan with the remaining 1 teaspoon of the oil. Place the dough into the prepared pan. Using a sharp knife, make 3slits across the top of the dough. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until it doubles in size, about 1 hour. Brush the top of the bread with the beaten egg. Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until slightly brown and hollow with the top is tapped. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
The Cookmyszreesey Auburn, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!