Batter Dipped French FriesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 bag frozen plain French Fries shopping list
- Plain flour shopping list
- Batter shopping list
- 1 cup boxed pancake mix shopping list
- 2 cups club soda shopping list
- seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare batter.
- Combine seasoning mixture and store in a tightly covered container. Allow 1 tsp. seasoning (I use much more) for each cup of prepared batter.
- Without thawing, open bag of fries and dust them lightly but evenly in flour, letting them dry on waxed paper lined cookie sheet for a few minutes.
- Coat the floured fries evenly in the batter and fry in small portions at a time in 385 degree oil at least 2" deep in pan.
- Turn fries once to brown evenly.
- Remove with tongs to drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Serve at once.
- The batter can be repeated as needed to coat the frozen fries.
- Fajita Fries- Add 1/2 tsp. ground cumin in each cup of prepared batter that includes the seasoning mix given above.
- Note: for success, make sure frying oil is hot enough
People Who Like This Dish 15
- Angie1313 Nowhere, Us
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- herby Albany, NY
- angelkisses Lexington, SC
- thegreenapron Austin, TX
- stollywop North Kansas City, MO
- mannalynn North Canton, OH
- Plus 5 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating9 people
My gosh, fairgrounds food!!!herby in Albany loved it
my mouth is watering just thinking of these...I swear since I found this website I have gained 5 pounds from just browsing through all the great recipes here.debwin in Toronto loved it
Oh these sound great, I'll be trying these out. I love battered fries. Thanks for the great post, you have my 5 also.henrie in Savannah loved it