Baked Squid And Scallops Calamari E Cappesante Al FornoFrom trigger 7 years ago
- 4 fresh or frozen squid, about 6 inches long shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced shopping list
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced shopping list
- 1/4 pound bay scallops shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon capers in brine, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup toasted bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Clean the squid by pulling the head away from the body, removing the pen (plastic like bone). Cut the tentacles below the eyes and save. Rinse the squid body clean and pull off the outer purple skin and discard. Drain the squid on paper towels and set aside. Rinse the tentacles, dice them, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil. Add the garlic, onion, and tentacles and sauté the mixture for about 4 minutes. Add the scallops and continue sautéing for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl; add the sea salt, capers, and bread crumbs and mix well. Divide the mixture and stuff into each squid body. Close the openings with a toothpick and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in a large skillet, add the stuffed squid, and brown slowly over low heat for 5 minutes. Raise the heat to medium, add the tomatoes and wine, and cook for 2 minutes. Cover the skillet, lower the heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the squid are easily pierced with a knife. Serve immediately with some garlic bread.
The Cooktrigger MA
The Rating4 people
A good one!merlin in San Francisco loved it
Michael.. in the directions.. it cut you off... serve with?
I have had something so like this... Great with a nice salad! LOLlinebb956 in La Feria loved it
The simplicity of the the wine ,tomatoes and garlic really let the freshness of the shellfish shine through. Very nice indeed..greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it