Oatmeal SconesFrom trackwidow 6 years ago
- 1 cup oats (Old fashioned or quick cooking) shopping list
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 6 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed (flax meal) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 10 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- 3/4 cup diced apricots or other dried fruit of choice (dried cranberries, dried blueberries, golden raisins, etc) shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients (first 8 ingredients), cut butter in with a pastry blender.
- Fold in apricots.
- Combine egg and butter milk.
- Fold into dry mixture and combine until it just comes together, without over mixing.
- Place on a lightly floured board and pat into a circle about 1 1/4 inches thick by about 9 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on greased baking sheet, brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- essentialingredients Kansas City, Missouri
- lemonlavenderlane Northern, Wisconsin
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- debwin Toronto, CA
- michellem Idaho, ID
- magali777 Mexico, MX
- cheric Oklahoma City, OK
- rosiek Waterloo, CA
- clbacon Birmingham, AL
- trackwidow Fort Atkinson, WI
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔