Wonderful Onion DipFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 1 large yellow onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the onions in half and then slice them into 1/8-inch thick half-rounds. (You will have about 2 cups of onions.) Heat the butter and oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onions, cayenne, salt, and pepper and saute for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 more minutes until the onions are browned and caramelized. Allow the onions to cool.
- Place the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise in the bowl of an electric mixer beat until smooth. Add the onions and mix well. Taste for seasonings.
- Serve with fresh veggies, chips, bread and great on baked potatoes.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating10 people
Oh wow! This sounds wonderful.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
oh sweetie we gotta host a party!theiris in Garden City loved it
Oh yeah...this sounds just wonderful!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it