Chicken BhunaFrom rubymurray 7 years ago
- 500g chicken breast shopping list
- 3 + 3 tbs oil, or ghee shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1" piece ginger, chopped shopping list
- 1 green chilli, chopped (add more if you like it hot) shopping list
- 1 tsp. chilli powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground coriander powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. tomato puree (paste) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 green pepper (bell), chopped shopping list
- 50g mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 tsp garam masala powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried fenugreek leaves (methi leaves) shopping list
- Handful fresh coriander leaves, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 3 Tbs of Oil or Ghee in a saucepan, fry Onions for about 3 or 4 minutes, then add Chicken, Garlic and Ginger and stir-fry until Chicken is light brown.
- Add Chilli Powder, Green Chilli, Ground Coriander, Tomato Puree, Salt and 2 Tbs Water, continue stir-frying until Oil separates from the mixture.
- Add about 100 ml Water* and simmer for about 20 mins, or until Chicken is tender. Stirring occasionally.
- Heat remaining 3 Tbs Oil or Ghee in a separate frying pan and stir-fry the chopped Green Pepper for 2 mins, then add sliced Mushrooms and stir-fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add fried Pepper and Mushroom to Chicken and cook for a further 10 mins.
- Add Garam Masala, Dried Fenugreek and Fresh Coriander, stir-fry until quite dry.
- *The amount of Water can be adjusted to suit, if the Chicken mixture is sticking to the pan during cooking time add a little more. The end result should be quite a dry Curry.
The Cookrubymurray Leicestershire, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!