Overnight Breakfast or Brunch CasseroleFrom chefjeb 9 years ago
- 14 - 15 slices stale bread. shopping list
- 3 cups cooked and crumbled sausage, or diced ham, or crumbled bacon, or a combo. shopping list
- 3/4 lb shredded cheddar, divided shopping list
- 10 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp black pepper shopping list
- pinch of white pepper shopping list
- 4 dashes louisiana hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 stick butter shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter into 9 x 13 casserole dish, set aside
- Cook bacon, or sausage, remove and set aise, reserve small amount of grease
- Saute onion and bell pepper in small amount of grease, remove and set aside
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, peppers, hot sauce and beat until well blended.
- Add meat of your choice, stir in.
- Add wilted veggies, stir in
- Add 1?2 lb shredded cheese, fold in
- cut or tear bread into small cubes and place in bottom of buttered casserole.
- Pour egg, meat, veggie mixture over and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered approximately 1 hour at 350, or until eggs are firmly set.
- NOTE: For a more colorful dish, use pimentos or red bell peppers in addition to green bells. A small jar of pimentos or 1/2 a red bell, works well.
The Cookchefjeb Carthage, MS
The Rating5 people
I make one just like this every Christmas, just like my Mom always has. My recipe calls for dry mustard and 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, but the rest is basically the same. While we're opening presents the casserole is cooking a way and by th...morealaskanmom in Wasilla loved it
Bookmarked for lots of future uses!! ^5!!a1patti in Salem loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!