Eierkuchen Puffy German Egg CakesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 6 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cream of tarter shopping list
- 1 Tbs sugar shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream or sour cream or parts of both blended together shopping list
- powdered sugar and fresh berries on the side shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all dry ingredients together exespt cream of tarter and sugar.
- In another bowl mix buttermilk, yolks and vanilla.
- Blend into dry ingredients till well mixed.
- Beat whites with cream of tater till foamy.
- Gardually beat in sugar till still but moist peaks.
- Fold into batter
- Heat electric griddle to 350F or over medium heat on stove griddle.
- When hot, brush griddle lightly with some melted butter.
- For each pancake spoon on about 1/2 cup batter.
- Turn cake over when bottom is golden brown, cooking golden on second side and edges feel dry.
- This takes about 7 minutes or so.
- Make sure griddle is proper temp as too cooking too hot or to low will not produce these puffy cakes
- Serve pancakes at once ( about 3 per person )
- Dust with powdered sugar or offer topping with berries on the side.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating5 people
Love these kind of recipes thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yummy, reminds me of my youth with my German family! We also made very thin pancakes, like a crepe, that you filled with butter and brown sugar or icing sugar and rolled up. These are a must try!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Sounds great! I have not had them but I am going to try them.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!