Provolone Cheese SoupFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 pound provolone cheese thinly sliced shopping list
- 5 ounces pancetta bacon fine chopped shopping list
- 3 tablespoon butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1 medium onion finely chopped shopping list
- 2 large finely minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 small cabbage julienne shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 Italian white bread slices toasted shopping list
- 6 cups hot chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot melt butter over medium heat until frothy.
- Sauté onion, garlic and pancetta for one minute.
- Before mixture browns add cabbage then mix thoroughly.
- Let simmer over low heat a few minutes longer.
- Add broth then cover and let simmer 15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Rub each slice of toast lightly with fresh garlic then place two in each soup bowl.
- Top with a slice of cheese then add boiling hot broth and serve immediately.