Cheesecake with applesauce and toasted almondsFrom magali777 7 years ago
- CRUST shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup firm butter cut in small pieces shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract shopping list
- FILLING shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb. cream cheese softened shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 5 egg yolks shopping list
- 3 egg whites shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract shopping list
- TOPPING shopping list
- 3/4 cup applesauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare crust, sift flour into a large bowl, add sugar and vanilla. add butter cut in squares, add and mix until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Add egg and work to form a smooth dough.
- Do not overwork.
- Place dough in a plastic bag and refrigerate 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 475F. Grease a 8-inch springform pan.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- line greased pan with dough. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream,sugar, flour and egg yolks and whites in a large bowl.
- Stir in vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Spoon filling into prepared crust..
- With a pipe cover cheese filling with the applesauce.
- Add slivered almonds.
- Bake for 50 minutes or more if necessary.
- If you want you can sift some powder sugar when the cheesecake is completely cool.
The Cookmagali777 Mexico, MX
The Rating5 people
Sounds yummy, you must like different cheesecakes as much as I do.
--Sallysallygugg in Redding loved it
Magali...This is a breakthrough!! A winner my friend, so different and unique and I can feel the effort!! Thanks for sharing with us.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Looks fantastic!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!