Savoury Sweet Glutinous Sticky RiceFrom kidaria 6 years ago
- 2 cups glutinous or sweet sticky rice shopping list
- 8 shiitake mushrooms, small diced shopping list
- reserve shiitake mushroom liquid shopping list
- 4 Chinese sausages, diced shopping list
- 6 dried shrimp, rehydrated and diced shopping list
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 1/3 c green onions, sliced shopping list
- 1/4 c Sherry or rice wine shopping list
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce shopping list
- 2 tsp sesame oil shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 1/3 c chicken stock shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse rice a few times. Cover rice with cold water at least 1 inch over the top of the rice and soak at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse with cold water until water runs clear.
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick pan. Add oil, ginger and green onions and stir-fry til fragrant.
- Next add sausage and stir-fry 1-2 minutes until some of the oil has been released.
- Then add mushrooms and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in sherry, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, salt, and white pepper and remove from heat.
- Add drained rice and shrimps, and stir to coat.
- Next add broth and bring to a simmer, stir once, then reduce heat to low. If rice appears dry, add some mushroom liquid, a couple tablespoons at a time.
- Cover and cook 20 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Stir to distribute ingredients and let stand, covered, 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating4 people
very nice! It's on the menu for next weekshine in Rainier loved it
Sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This turned out really well. Thanks for posting!!!frandee in Burnaby loved it