Almost Fat-free Spinach PieFrom mokona 5 years ago
- 2 (10oz) boxes frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained shopping list
- 2 6oz containers of Président fat-free feta cheese shopping list
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1 roll phyllo dough shopping list
- 1 tbs olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup egg Beaters shopping list
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Thaw the spinach, drain thoroughly, wringing out any excess liquid.
- Chop the onion and garlic, cooking in olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until soft. Add the spinach, cooking another 10 minutes, or until any remaining liquid is cooked out.
- Remove from heat, add the egg beaters and feta cheese. Add a little black pepper, if desired (the feta can be salty, so you won't need any salt). If possible, let rest in the fridge while you prepare the phyllo dough.
- In a 13x9 pan, layer 6 sheets of phyllo dough, spraying each layer with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.
- Evenly spread the spinach mixture onto the dough layer, then continue layering the remaining phyllo dough sheets on top. Spray the final layers well, especially the edges, as the dough can crinkle and flake off.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cut into 8 large pieces (4"x3"), which is approx 4 points each.
People Who Like This Dish 24
The Cookmokona Metro-Detroit, MI
The Rating4 people
Thanks for posting this recipe! I too am watching my weight and I love spinach pie too! I will try this soon but could I ask you what store you buy the fat free feta in-I live in Canada but we have family in the Windsor are and get over to Taylor MI...moretoleliz in Burlington loved it