Tomato Savory And French Bean SaladFrom jimrug1 7 years ago
- SALAD: shopping list
- 1lb string beans shopping list
- 2 lbs tomatoes shopping list
- 3 scallions, cut on a bias into 1inch pieces shopping list
- 1 Tbls toasted pine nuts shopping list
- 4 sprigs fresh savory, torn into smaller pieces shopping list
- DRESSING: shopping list
- 2 Tbls extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- juice & Zest of 1 lime shopping list
- 3 oz blue cheese shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, crushed shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste. shopping list
How to make it
- Make the dressing first so it can stand for a while.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until the Blue Cheese has been finely chopped and you have a smooth dressing. Pour into a pitcher and set aside.
- Top and tail the beans and boil in salted water until they are crisp tender. (5-8 minutes). Place into an ice water bath until they have completely cooled.
- If Tomatoes are large, slice them, if they are small, you can quarter them.
- Combine, Green Beans, Tomatoes, and Scallions in a shallow serving bowl and toss gently with hands. Pour on the dressing. Sprinkle with Pine Nuts followed by the Savory.
The Cookjimrug1 Peoria, IL
The Rating4 people
This is awesome! Can't wait to try it.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
The fresh herbs enhance the ripe tomato and beans love those pine nuts. I love making this with a side of some sort of tortellini salad. Can not wait until summertime so I am going to make this with organic ripe tomatoes they will have to do until th...moretrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!