Baked Cranberry Apple DumplingsFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- Pastry for 2 crust pie shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 4 medium baking apples shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup cranberries washed and stems removed shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups pared chopped apples shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Form pastry into ball then wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate.
- On waxed paper combine 2 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon.
- Pare and core apples then roll in cinnamon sugar reserving any left over.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Butter a rectangular baking pan.
- On lightly floured pastry cloth roll pastry into a rectangle.
- With pastry wheel or knife cut lengthwise into four strips.
- Starting at the top 1" from center, spiral a pastry strip around each apple.
- Overlap slightly cover completely.
- Moisten overlapping edges with cold water then press edges to seal.
- Press sides and bottoms of pastry against apples.
- Place in baking dish sides not touching.
- Spoon melted butter into centers.
- Brush pastry with egg yolk mixed with 2 teaspoons water.
- Sprinkle with reserved cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes then reduce oven to 350.
- Brush pastry again with egg yolk.
- Continue baking dumplings 30 minutes longer.
- In medium saucepan combine cranberries and sugar.
- Mash cranberries slightly then add syrup and 1/4 cup water and mix well.
- Bring to boiling stirring 3 minutes or until cranberries pop.
- Add chopped apple and butter.
- Bring to boiling then reduce heat and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove apples to serving dish.
- Spoon sauce over top and around base of each.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
great one there cat how are you ?????minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
oh, yum!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Sounds really yummy,thanks:) Have a great weekend:).zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!