Tea Smoked Cornish Game HensFrom merlin 5 years ago
- tea SMOKED CORNISH GAME HENS shopping list
- 4-6 Cornish game hens shopping list
- ½ cup tempura sauce or lite soy sauce shopping list
- ½ cup cream sherry shopping list
- ½ cup minced green onions shopping list
- 3 T. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 T. chili oil shopping list
- 5 T. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 T. honey shopping list
- ½ t. cayenne shopping list
- 1 T. crushed garlic shopping list
- 2 T. minced ginger shopping list
- 4 T.fragrant Chinese tea leaves, like Jasmine or Oolong. shopping list
- apricot or mango chutney shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Rinse the game hens inside and out.
- 2) Combine the other ingredients, except tea, to make a marinade.
- 3) Place the marinade on the hens and marinate 8-16 hours.
- 4) When you start the grill, remove the hens from the marinade and allow the hens to get toward room temperature. Prepare the grill for indirect cooking.
- 5) Pour the marinade in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- 6) Add tea leaves to ½ cup water. Cook in microwave for 1 minute.
- 7) When the grill is ready, add ¼ of the soaked tea leaves to the fire.
- 8) Cook game hens on indirect about an hour. Turn them every 15 minutes, adding more tea to the fire and basting with the marinade.
- 9) When the hens are cooked through put them directly over the coals to crisp, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve one hen for each person. Accompany with mango or apricot chutney.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating3 people
Love tea smoking, cornish hens are perfect for this...have also done a tea smoked salmon which was quite successful. Hi! M. Nice to see you posting, missed ya. You have my five. I think the ginger glaze I made the other day would be very good wit...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I am going to try this -- I love tea-flavoured food -- I have a tea marinated salmon recipe on here that is terrific. It's weird, I almost picked up some game hens the other day and then thought "What would I do with them?" Now I know. Thanks!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I have never heard of this but will try it. Sounds delicious. Wonderful recipe. 5 forks and I will let you know of my success or failure. Either way, an adventure and that's what it's all about.
Vickievictoriaregina in USA loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!