Grilled Peach and Blue Cheese SaladFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 medium shallot minced very fine shopping list
- 1/3 cup sherry wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tbsp of honey shopping list
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup of mild grapeseed oil shopping list
- 4 small ripe but not overly ripe peaches, halved pitted and threaded on soaked wooden skewers shopping list
- coarse sugar (in the raw is good) shopping list
- 4 cups of baby spring greens shopping list
- 2 ounces of coarsely broken pecans or walnuts, toasted in the oven at 350 for 8 minutes shopping list
- 2 ounces of crumbled imported blue cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Mince shallot, whisk with vinegar, honey, mustard, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Add oil and whisk well. Reserve.
- Wash and spin dry greens. Chill.
- Thread halved peaches on soaked skewers, dip cut peach sides in raw sugar,
- Grill over medium heat on oiled grill until you get nice char marks.
- Remove from skewers carefully. Don't burn yourself.
- Toss chilled greens with the dressing.
- Divide evenly between four plates
- Top with warm peach chunks and sprinkle with toasted nuts and crumbled blue cheese.
- Alternately, a slightly dressier version can be made by cutting creamy saga blue cheese in a baby wedge on top of a crostini; served as a side, crunchy savory cheese toast with the salad of warm peaches and dressed greens.
The Cooknotyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
The Rating4 people
Sounds delightful! Will have to try.kimmer in Dunedin loved it
This looks so gourmet and delicious. I think the presentation would be impressive and deserving of company. Can't wait to try it. Peaches not real good here yet, and would have to hunt down some grapeseed oil. I've never used that. Will have to break...morerecipesrule in Winnipeg loved it
Yummy, yummy, yummy. Made this last night for some friends we had over and it was a HUGE hit. Thanks for a great post. This is a keeper for sure. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it