Easy Frijoles Borrachos Drunken BeansFrom sean_mcgee 9 years ago
- 1 16 oz package of dry pinto beans shopping list
- 1 12oz can or bottle of Negra Modelo beer (Or your favorite) shopping list
- 3 - 4 cups of water (depends on how soupy you want the beans) shopping list
- 1 - 2 Jalepenos (optional) shopping list
- 2 medium sized tomatoes (diced) shopping list
- 1 medium sized onion (diced) shopping list
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced) shopping list
- 8 oz. of bacon, chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch of cilantro (Chinese parsley) shopping list
- 1 tsp. chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp. Comino (cumin) shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the Beans under hot water for 5 minutes.
- Place the Beans in a Crock Pot (or other slow cooker).
- Pour the Beer on top of the beans.
- Add the water, Jalepenos, tomatoes, onion, garlic, Bacon, Cilantro, Chili Powder, Cumin and Salt.
- Set the Crock Pot to Low and cook for 12 hours.
- Serve with Homemade Flour Tortillas and Carne Asada.