Banana And Mango Spring Roll with Coconut-Chocolate GanacheFrom twotong 6 years ago
- Ganache shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- Spring rolls shopping list
- 8 (8-inch) square spring roll pastry wrappers, shopping list
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise, then halved crosswise shopping list
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, cut lengthwise into 3-inch-long, 1/2-inch-wide strips shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten to blend shopping list
- vegetable oil (preferably grapeseed oil; for frying) shopping list
- Fresh mint sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- For Coconut-chocolate ganache:
- Combine coconut milk, palm sugar, and ginger in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until mixture is melted and smooth.
- (Ganache can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Before serving, stir over low heat just until pourable)
- For spring rolls:
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 spring roll wrapper on work surface in diamond shape (1 pointed end toward you and 1 pointed end in opposite direction).
- Place 1 banana piece across center of wrapper, then 2 mango strips.
- Fold bottom pointed corner of spring roll wrapper up over fruit, then fold in sides over fruit.
- Brush unfolded part of spring roll wrapper with beaten egg. Roll up wrapper, enclosing fruit completely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers, banana halves, mango strips, and beaten egg.
- (Spring rolls can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
- Pour enough vegetable oil into heavy deep skillet to reach depth of 1 1/2 inches; heat oil to between 360°F and 375°F.
- Working in 2 batches, add spring rolls to hot oil and cook until golden and crisp, turning often, about 3 minutes per batch.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer spring rolls to paper towels to drain.
- Place 1 spring roll on each of 8 plates. Garnish with mint sprigs. Drizzle with coconut-chocolate ganache
People Who Like This Dish 13
- gardenladyzoe Snyder, OK
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- nn2245 New York
- lowcountrycook Mt Pleasant, SC
- mother_earths_moon_child Morrilton, AR
- a1patti Salem, MA
- mississauga1984 Mississauga, CA
- mrswolcott22 Oceanside, CA
- jeannie1238 Virginia, MN
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooktwotong Singapore, SG
The Rating4 people
EXTREMELY FABULOUS!!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Wow, these sound really good. I will have to try them!gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy. This sounds and looks fantastic. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!