Banana And Mango Spring Roll with Coconut-Chocolate GanacheFrom twotong 8 years ago
- Ganache shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup (packed) golden brown sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- Spring rolls shopping list
- 8 (8-inch) square spring roll pastry wrappers, shopping list
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, halved lengthwise, then halved crosswise shopping list
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, cut lengthwise into 3-inch-long, 1/2-inch-wide strips shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten to blend shopping list
- vegetable oil (preferably grapeseed oil; for frying) shopping list
- Fresh mint sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- For Coconut-chocolate ganache:
- Combine coconut milk, palm sugar, and ginger in heavy medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to simmer over medium heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat. Add chocolate and whisk until mixture is melted and smooth.
- (Ganache can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Before serving, stir over low heat just until pourable)
- For spring rolls:
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 1 spring roll wrapper on work surface in diamond shape (1 pointed end toward you and 1 pointed end in opposite direction).
- Place 1 banana piece across center of wrapper, then 2 mango strips.
- Fold bottom pointed corner of spring roll wrapper up over fruit, then fold in sides over fruit.
- Brush unfolded part of spring roll wrapper with beaten egg. Roll up wrapper, enclosing fruit completely. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining spring roll wrappers, banana halves, mango strips, and beaten egg.
- (Spring rolls can be made 4 hours ahead. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
- Pour enough vegetable oil into heavy deep skillet to reach depth of 1 1/2 inches; heat oil to between 360°F and 375°F.
- Working in 2 batches, add spring rolls to hot oil and cook until golden and crisp, turning often, about 3 minutes per batch.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer spring rolls to paper towels to drain.
- Place 1 spring roll on each of 8 plates. Garnish with mint sprigs. Drizzle with coconut-chocolate ganache
People Who Like This Dish 13
- gardenladyzoe Snyder, OK
- chefmeow Garland, TX
- nn2245 New York
- lowcountrycook Mt Pleasant, SC
- mother_earths_moon_child Morrilton, AR
- a1patti Salem, MA
- mississauga1984 Mississauga, CA
- mrswolcott22 Oceanside, CA
- jeannie1238 Virginia, MN
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- Plus 3 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooktwotong Singapore, SG
The Rating4 people
Yummy, Yummy, Yummy. This sounds and looks fantastic. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Wow, these sound really good. I will have to try them!gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
EXTREMELY FABULOUS!!!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!