The Queens Mashed PotatoesFrom lunchboxer 8 years ago
- 1 bag baking potatoes (5 lb.), boiled & peeled shopping list
- 1- 8oz. cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 2 whole eggs, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1-2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- salt, to taste (go easy on salt, especially if your main dish is salty) shopping list
- Chopped chives shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes, chop into chunks and boil till soft.
- (NOTE: set aside potato water to use in baking potato bread!)
- While still hot, put into large mixing bowl with butter/margarine, cream cheese & spices
- In separate bowl, stir eggs with fork & 1 cup milk til just blended; Pour into bowl with potatoes. Add more milk if needed.
- Turn mixer to medium to mash, or use a hand masher.
- Blend till fluffy and well-mixed. Mine always turn out a bit lumpy, but we really like them that way.
- Put potato mixture into a large baking dish, or two smaller ones.
- Top with chives & paprika to fancy it up a bit.
- Bake in oven for about 45+ minutes at 350-400 degrees till top is golden brown; potatoes will rise up to a very high pile, but sink a bit as it cools. They are so creamy-rich and delicious, so make extra if you're having a group dinner.
- ANOTHER NOTE: for a quick version of these, you can use instant potatoes instead. Not the same, but it sure does dress up them dried thangs to party status.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklunchboxer Columbia, MO
The Rating5 people
Delightful! Love mashers, thanks for sharing this one!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
I love mash I will def give these a whirl!vivian in Stoke-on-Trent loved it
Oh these sound wonderful, just glancing at your page and finding lots of good recipes, you have my 5. Thanks for sharing, wish I had found these sooner.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!