RatatouilleFrom crabhappychick 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3 large eggplants, peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 green peppers, seeded, sliced thinly & cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- 3 small zucchini, sliced thin shopping list
- 6 large red ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded & chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- basil shopping list
- seasoned salt, Crazy salt, of course shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in electric skillet and saute onion and garlic until soft. Add green peppers, stir well and cook 5 minutes. Add eggplant and cook until soft. Add rest of ingredients. Cook covered about 45 minutes or until nicely melded.
- NOTE: Spread leftover ratatouille on a Pillsbury (or Boboli or homemade) pizza crust. Top with 8 ounces of crumbled feta cheese and bake according to crust directions. MMMMM.
- To make this gf, use a gf pizza crust!
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating7 people
One of my favorite dishes. Here's a suggestion, if you don't want the eggplant to become soggy, cut the eggplant in circles and salt both sides and leave on for 5 minutes and then rinse and cut into the size it needs to be. The salt takes out the moi...morehaiwaiinbreezes in Lakeland loved it
this sounds yummy!! although since I'm not a feta fan I may try the pizza recipe with gruyere instead! mmmmmmm!dextergirl in Murrieta loved it
I love it when I can find all the ingredients at the farmers market... guess what's for lunch!!morninlite in Kalamazoo loved it