Chiles RellenosFrom nuitblanche 7 years ago
- 1- 15 oz. can tomato sauce shopping list
- 2 tbsp. minced onion shopping list
- 3 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 3 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 cans of 5.75 oz. WHOLE mild green chiles (not easy to find whole) shopping list
- 3 oz. monterey jack cheese cut into pieces to fit inside chiles shopping list
- 1/4 c. flour shopping list
- Canola or other smokeless cooking oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place tomato sauce in small sauce pan, stir in minced onion and let simmer.
- Gently wash the chiles, remove seeds, and carefully slice lengthwise if not already "open"
- Slip a piece of cheese into each chile, then roll in flour, shaking off excess.
- Heat cooking oil (about 3/4" deep in nonstick skillet) on medium to barely medium high heat
- Beat egg whites into soft peaks
- Beat together yolks, 3 tbsp flour, water and salt.
- Gently but thoroughly fold yolk mix into whites, to create a puffy, yellowy batter
- Hold a chile cupped in you fingers and dip into batter
- place on a small plate and slide gently into oil, mounding a little batter on any bare spots
- Cook no more than 3 at a time.
- When edges get lacey, check with fork to see if golden underneath, and turn with a spatula and a fork in a rolling motion
- Remove to papertowel on plate when browned. Serve with tomato sauce on side to pour on as desired.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cooknuitblanche Syracuse, NY
The Rating5 people
yum yum i love theseminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This my 'Lucky' Day!!!!
I have been searching for just this 'recipe' for ever so long! It is the only one that I
have ever eaten that mixes the egg yolks into the whipped egg whites!
moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it
This looks wonderful. Bookmarked this one.
Thankscookinggood in Leesburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!