Saffron And Mussel RisottoFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 pound in-shell mussels, cleaned shopping list
- 1/4 tsp saffron shopping list
- 1 cup hot vegetable broth, plus additional as required shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, minced shopping list
- 2/3 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- In a fairly large saucepan, sweat the garlic with a little bit of water.
- Add the mussels and cover.
- As soon as the mussels have opened, remove from the heat and shell gently. Filter the juice, add saffron and vegetable stock and set it aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup water in another large saucepan.
- Add the shallot and onion, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add rice to shallot mixture and stir well. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook, stirring, until all liquid is absorbed.
- Begin adding the filtered mussel mixture 1/4 cup at a time (while stirring constantly) until each addition evaporates.
- Stir in pepper, basil, and mussels.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
Looks great!jencathen in loved it
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Comfort Foods773 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy456 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Food Blogs60 members
Whole Foods142 members