Southern Style Strawberry CakeFrom laynie 6 years ago
- For the cake shopping list
- 1 (18.5 ounce) box white cake mix (without pudding) shopping list
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry jello shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon self rising flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh strawberries, finely diced. shopping list
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. shopping list
- cream cheese frosting shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) block cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 (1 pound) boxes powdered sugar shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut shopping list
- pink food coloring shopping list
- 4 sliced strawberries shopping list
How to make it
- To make the cake, combine to cake mix, Jello, flour and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well. Add the oil. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition Add the water and strawberries and mix well. Divide the batter evenly into 2 8-inch round baking pans that have been oiled and floured. Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean and the layers pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer the layers from the oven to wire racks. Let them cool, still in their pans, for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, run a knife around the inside edge of each pan, then unmold each layer onto the racks to cool completely.
- For the Frosting
- To make the frosting, in a bowl combine the cream cheese and butter. Beat until soft and pliable and no lumps remain. Add one box of the powdered sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Beat until incorporated. Add the second box of sugar and mix until incorporated. If you would like a smoother consistency, and a slash of milk. If you would like a thicker consistency, and a bit more powdered sugar until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Put the coconut in a small bowl and sprinkle with two or three drops of pink die. Mix with hands to distribute the color and wash hands immediately. Once the cake is frosted, decorate the top of the cake with the shredded coconut and sliced strawberries.
The Cooklaynie Nashville, TN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!