Pear SorbetFrom pieplate 6 years ago
How to make it
- Boil the sugar and water three minutes into a simple syrup.
- Add the vanilla bean and simmer another three minutes.
- Peel and slice the pears, and add them to the syrup. Let this sit off the heat for an hour, stirring occasionally to immerse all the pears. Drain, reserving the syrup.
- Purée the pears for at least 2 minutes, add the milk and cream, and blend to mix. If this seems too stiff or not sweet enough, add the syrup ¼ cup at a time, tasting after each addition.
- Chill well and freeze in your ice cream maker.
- This packs and freezes rather hard, so you might want to let it sit in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving, or even microwave for 10 seconds on high.
The Cookpieplate Claremont, CA
The Rating4 people
I love sorbets and this one sounds great. Would have never thought to use pears. Great idea, great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Scrumptious!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
nice and simple recipe, thanks for sharingcapedread in Peterborough. Cambridgeshire loved it