Womans Day BIG MAC CAKEFrom lexluv101 8 years ago
- 2 boxes (16 oz each) poundcake mix shopping list
- 1 can (16 oz) plus 1 cup vanilla frosting shopping list
- Red and brown paste (icing) food color* shopping list
- tomato slices: 5 plain flat round cookies (3-1/2 in. across) shopping list
- Cheese: 4 orange Air Heads bars shopping list
- Lettuce: 10 pieces green fruit chews (Jolly Ranchers) shopping list
- onion rings: 10 white spice drops shopping list
- 2 Tbsp sugar (for rolling) shopping list
- Olive: 3-in. piece red fruit by the Foot, 2 thin pretzel sticks, 2 large green gumdrops, 1 red LifeSaver gummy shopping list
- Eyes: 1 large marshmallow, halved crosswise and 2 brown M&M’s shopping list
- 1 can (16 oz) milk chocolate frosting shopping list
- 1 cup crushed chocolate cookies (Famous chocolate wafers or Oreos without cream) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts (pignoli) shopping list
- You also need: 2-, 1-1/2- and 1-in. round cookie cutters (for onion rings) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2-1/2-qt ovenproof glass bowl and two 8-in. round cake pans; line bottom of pans with wax paper.
- 2. Prepare both cake mixes in one bowl as pkg directs. Divide batter evenly between prepared bowl and pans. Bake bowl 35 to 40 minutes, pans 25 to 30 minutes until cakes are golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in bowl and pans on wire racks 15 minutes. Invert on racks; cool completely.
- 3. Tomato slices: Put-2/3 cup vanilla frosting in a 1-cup glass measure; tint red with food color. Place round cookies on wire rack over wax paper. Microwave red frosting 5 seconds or until texture of slightly whipped cream. Pour over cookies, coating evenly. Let dry at least 30 minutes.
- 4. Cheese: Microwave orange Air Heads 2 to 5 seconds to soften slightly. Place side by side on plastic wrap, overlapping slightly. Roll out to a 9-in. rectangle. Cover with wrap until assembly.
- 5. Lettuce: Microwave green chews 2 to 5 seconds to soften slightly. Place each piece on plastic wrap; roll out to a 3-in. strip. Trim one edge with pinking shears to look ruffled. Cover with wrap until assembly.
- 6. Onion rings: Press 2 white spice drops together. Sprinkle work surface with some of the sugar. Roll out drops to a scant 1/4 in. thick. Using cookie cutters, cut out onion rings.
- 7. Olive: Fold Fruit by the Foot in half lengthwise. Cut slits 1/8 in. apart for tassel. Wrap around end of a 2-in. piece of pretzel. Trim slice from bottom of green gumdrops; press cut ends together. Cut LifeSaver in half; press into end of olive for pimiento. Insert whole pretzel into olive; press pretzel with tassel into other end.
- 8. Eyes: Use a dot of vanilla frosting to glue M&M’s on each marshmallow half.
- 9. To assemble: Tint remaining vanilla frosting with brown food color until shade of lightly toasted bun. Trim cakes to level tops. Place 1 layer on serving platter; coat top and sides with bun frosting. Arrange lettuce on top, overlapping and pinching candies together for a ruffled look.
- 10. Place other cake layer on wax paper. Coat top and sides with milk chocolate frosting; press on crushed cookies. With broad spatula, place on lettuce on bun. Top burger with the cheese, hanging over slightly, then the tomato and onion rings.
- 11. Place the bowl cake, cut side down, on wax paper; frost with rest of bun frosting. Place on top of burger. "Glue" eyes on with icing. Press pine nut "sesame seeds" on top of bun; insert olive.
- *Available in stores selling crafts or cake-decorating supplies and many supermarkets.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- jett2whit Union City, GA
- mrsc543 North Reading, MA
- kathsart2u Olalla, WA
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- ahmed1 Cairo, EG
- xmalteyx Kent, GB
- gapeach55 Covington, GA
- jeffsgirl Medford, OR
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooklexluv101 Lakeland, FL
The Rating11 people
I have seen this before awhile back---they are soooo cute! :) I need to make this for my hubby next month....he LOVES cheeseburgers :) TY for sharing!bakermel in Topeka loved it
how cute is that .thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Thank you for sharing...Great!!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it