Chicken With Peanut Curry Sauce And Coconut RiceFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- 8 ounces frozen green beans, cut in 1" pieces (I use fresh) shopping list
- 8 ounces red and green bell pepper, cut into strips (you can use frozen if you wish to save time) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups light coconut milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste, or red (I use green) shopping list
- 1/3 cup chunky peanut butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh shopping list
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 lime, juiced shopping list
- 2 cups instant rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut meat, toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in frying pan. Add chicken and saute until cooked through. Add green beans and peppers and cook another 3 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, start the sauce. In mixing bowl, whisk together coconut milk, broth, curry paste, peanut butter, brown sugar and lime juice. When chicken is cooked, pour sauce over all and stir to combine. Turn heat up to high and bring to boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat & simmer until sauce thickens slightly, about 6-8 minutes. Serve over coconut rice.
- Coconut Rice: In medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, chicken broth, lime juice, and instant rice. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and cover for 7-9 minutes. Fluff and stir in toasted coconut.