Sandwich Dark Chocolate CupcakesFrom thegoldminer 8 years ago
- 8 T unsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces 1/4 lb ( 1 cube) shopping list
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 C Dutch-processed cocoa 1 1/2 oz shopping list
- 3/4 C unbleached all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 t baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 t baking powder shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 C sugar shopping list
- 1 t vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 t table salt shopping list
- 1/2 C sour cream 4 oz shopping list
- Topping shopping list
- 2/3 cup soft cream cheese shopping list
- 2t Karo clear or simple sugar shopping list
- 2t white sugar shopping list
- 1t cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 oz Bitter sweet chocolate chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with baking cup liners.
- Combine first three ingredients in medium heatproof bowl. Melt ingredients using a double-boiler or a saucepan over simmering water. Whisk until smooth and combined. Set aside to cool, until just warm to the touch.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and baking powder in small bowl to combine.
- Whisk eggs in medium bowl to combine; add sugar, vanilla, and salt and wisk until fully incorporated. Add cooled chocolate mixture; whisk until fully combined. Alternate about 1/3 of flour mixture with the sour cream into chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. End with remaining flour mixture and whisk until batter is homogenous and thick.
- Divide batter among muffin pan cups. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. I onloy cooked them about 14-16 minutes. Toothpick came out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack, about 15 minutes. Cool to room temperature before icing, about 30 minutes.
- For topping, whip cream cheese, syrup, sugar, cocoa.
- Melt chopped chocolate in bowl over boiling water
- Mix melted in to chocolate
- I used my very sharp Wusthof 6” sandwich knife to cut the cakes in half. I tried to but a little above the center of each. Because the topping is nice and soft, using a butter knife gather enough topping to make one pass of topping onto the top half. I held the top with a my thumb against the edge I was drawing towards so it did not break apart. It can be done. Then place the bottom to the top and you have this great sandwich. Cupcake with topping in the middle and not a mess to eat. Way fun.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookthegoldminer Sacramento, CA
The Rating7 people
wow thats amazing pictures you have and the cupcakes look heavenly nice job there..........big 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Love the pictures and wish I had one of those for breakfast!m2googee in Tomball loved it
These look and sound great, can't wait to give them a try.taylorsue82 in Wapakoneta loved it