Yakitori Chicken With RiceFrom knwalter 6 years ago
- MARINADE: shopping list
- 3/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine) shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar shopping list
- 2 tsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp. asian sesame oil shopping list
- FOOD: shopping list
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh meat shopping list
- 2 medium red bell peppers shopping list
- 6 pearl onions shopping list
- vegetable oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks. Remove the stem, ribs and seeds from the bell peppers and cut into 1-inch chunks. Cut the pearl onions in half.
- Place the chicken, bell peppers and pearl onions in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn the bag to distribute the marinade, place in a bowl, refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Remove the chicken, bell peppers and pearl onions from the bag and reserve the marinade. Pour the marinade into a small saucepan, bring to a boil and boil for 1 full minute. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Thread the chicken, bell peppers and pearl onions onto the skewers. Lightly brush or spray with vegetable oil. Grill over direct-medium heat until the meat is firm and the vegetables are tender, about 8-10 minutes, turning and basting with the marinade once halfway through grilling time.
- Serve warm with long-grain white rice.
- **recipe and photograph from "Weber's Big Book of Grilling"**