Jamaican Style Beef StewFrom silverqueen 8 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into 3/4" cubes shopping list
- 5 grape tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 large carrots cut into 1/2" slices shopping list
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2" slices shopping list
- 4 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (your choice) shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. steak sauce (your choice) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cold water shopping list
- Hot cooked rice, noodles or mashed potatoes if desired shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar, cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Add beef and brown on all sides.
- Stir in vegetables, broth, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, steak sauce and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until vegetables and meat are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, stir into stew.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating4 people
I'm with Sherry -- love the spices!auntybea in Vernon loved it
wow i love all the spices sounds fantastic thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
ya got me gotta have cornbread and stew thanks my kinda comfot food in th wintermomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!