Jamaican Style Beef StewFrom silverqueen 8 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. sugar shopping list
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless sirloin steak, cut into 3/4" cubes shopping list
- 5 grape tomatoes, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 large carrots cut into 1/2" slices shopping list
- 3 celery ribs, cut into 1/2" slices shopping list
- 4 green onions, chopped shopping list
- 3/4 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (your choice) shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. steak sauce (your choice) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. allspice shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. hot sauce shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. cold water shopping list
- Hot cooked rice, noodles or mashed potatoes if desired shopping list
How to make it
- In a Dutch oven heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add sugar, cook and stir for 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Add beef and brown on all sides.
- Stir in vegetables, broth, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, steak sauce and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until vegetables and meat are tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth, stir into stew.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating4 people
ya got me gotta have cornbread and stew thanks my kinda comfot food in th wintermomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow i love all the spices sounds fantastic thank youminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I'm with Sherry -- love the spices!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!