Syrian ChickenFrom kidaria 6 years ago
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour shopping list
- 500 g boneless chicken thighs shopping list
- 40 ml olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 5 sprigs thyme shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 preserved lemon, roughly chopped* shopping list
- 2 tbsp honey shopping list
- 1 cup dried apricots shopping list
- 4 dried figs, chopped shopping list
- 1 c chicken broth shopping list
- 1 c white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Combine salt, cumin, cinnamon, pepper, turmeric and flour in a plastic bag. Add chicken and shake bag to coat the pieces with the mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over a high flame. When hot, add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, ginger, garlic to the same pan and cook for 2 mins. Add thyme and cook for another few mins.
- Return chicken to the pan and add lemon juice, preserved lemon, honey, apricot, figs, stock and wine. Cover with the lid and simmer over a low flame for 10 mins. Uncover and simmer for 15 mins. Keep warm.
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating9 people
lovely!midgelet in Eastern loved it
Wow, love it!auntybea in Vernon loved it
I would love to try your Syrian Chicken recipe.buzzbear in New Westminister loved it