PEACH PUDDING CAKEFrom tnjazmyn 8 years ago
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled and halved shopping list
- 2 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds removed (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract) shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 8 Tbsp butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup self-rising flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- Confectioner's sugar (optional) shopping list
- vanilla bean ice cream or creme fraiche (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and lightly flour a 9-inch round cake pan or springform pan.
- Place peaches cut side down in a large skillet with brown sugar, vanilla bean seeds and water over medium-high heat on stove. Simmer 5 minutes and then let cool.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, salt and syrup from cooked peaches and beat until blended.
- Place peaches cut side down in prepared cake pan, top with batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- When cool, sprinkle with confectioner's sugar, if desired.
- Serve with ice cream or creme fraiche.
The Cooktnjazmyn Manchester, TN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!