Fusion Chinese meatball pastaFrom decobabe 6 years ago
- 2 Italian sausages meat removed from casings shopping list
- lean ground pork in equal measure shopping list
- 1 or 2 scallion tops minced shopping list
- a splash of soy shopping list
- a splash of wine vinegar shopping list
- a splash of toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon or more grated fresh ginger root shopping list
- a pinch of crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 8 ounces cleaned spinach, steamed and chopped shopping list
- optional: a tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds shopping list
- 130 to 200 grams of pasta, perhaps a curly one shopping list
How to make it
- Put a very large pot of water on to boil for the pasta.
- Our sausages are very salty, so I have not added salt to the pasta water nor anywhere in the sauce. If yours are not so salty, you may need to salt the pasta water and correct for salt when the sauce nears done.
- Put the sausage meat, the ground pork and all the seasonings into a bowl and mix with your hands.
- Form the mixture into tiny meatballs of about 5/8" diameter.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a little olive oil and then the meatballs. Sauté them, shaking the pan to keep them round, until they lose their color.
- Toss the pasta into the boiling water.
- Add the cream to the frying pan over the meatballs. Add a little of the pasta water to thin it to about the consistency of light cream.
- Add the spinach and stir it in. Continue to stir while the pasta finishes cooking.
- When the pasta is done, drain it and put it into the frying pan, stirring to incorporate the sauce.
- Serve blazing hot, optionally with a sprinkling of sesame seeds, but DO NOT USE CHEESE.