Abaigaels Favorite Spinach SaladFrom krumkake 5 years ago
- ½ to ¾ bag baby spinach, chopped shopping list
- ½ head iceberg lettuce or 1 small head of romaine, chopped shopping list
- ½ sweet onion, diced shopping list
- ½ to 1 cup creamy blue cheese, chopped into small pieces (the creamier the blue cheese for this, the better) shopping list
- 1 sweet apple, like Gala or Pacific Rose, core removed and apple diced (I leave the skin on - it’s good for you!) - sprinkle the diced apple with fruit Fresh to prevent browning shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (you may toast the pecans, or candy them, if you prefer - to candy them, see my recipe for banana Cream Pie Supreme with caramelized pecans) shopping list
- Poppy Seed Dressing in the Blender (posted separately), OR our favorite bottled poppy seed dressing is Marie's, available in the produce dept. shopping list
How to make it
- Chop the spinach and lettuce into bite-size pieces, and place in a large bowl.
- Add the diced onions and blue cheese.
- Just before serving, add the apples and pecans to the salad, and toss together well.
- Set out the poppy seed dressing for everyone to add their own. By serving the salad “dry“, you can keep the salad leftovers for the next day without the dressing wilting everything.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
The Rating5 people
This looks great too!pleclare in Framingham loved it
Wow, great post Krum (as usual). This sounds so good. We love spinach salads and this one sounds really unique. Great post. You have my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Yum..thank you for this one! I love a good salad and all of the ingredients in this are a winner! Im making this this week for lunch!
Michellemichellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!