Zucchini Cream Cheese BreadFrom obajoo 6 years ago
- cream cheese Filling: shopping list
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, room temp. shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 tbs vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tbs cornstarch shopping list
- zucchini Bread: shopping list
- 3 1/4 c AP flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tbs cinnamon shopping list
- 1 1/4 c oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 c white sugar shopping list
- 1 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tbs vanilla shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 2 c grated zucchini (about 1 large zucchini) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325
- Grease and flour a bundt pan, or 2 loaf pans. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar. Once blended add the egg, vanilla, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon) together. Set aside. (Got enough stuff "aside," yet?)
- With an electric mixer, cream together the oil and both white and brown sugar until creamy. While the mixer is still running, add the vanilla and then the eggs one at a time, letting each incorporate before adding the next.
- Now add the dry ingredients in thirds. The batter should look WAY too thick at this point. Now add the zucchini and it will thin out considerably.
- Pour half of the zucchini batter into your pan(s). With a large spoon, add the cream cheese mixture to the batter, but make sure that it doesn't touch the sides. We want to "seal in" the cream cheese mixture so it doesn't escape. Pour the remaining batter on top and pop that baby int he oven!
- Bake for 60 - 70 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the bread/cake thing cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
The Cookobajoo Huntsville, AL
The Rating4 people
Amazing! Good use for the giant zucchini I grew.saestepp in Mesa loved it
This is great! Love it!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
different and delicious..Welcome to Group Recipes! Great first post!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!